Many newbies or even professional welders ask, which is the best welder? Which welder can do all types of welding? What is the best welder brand? Well, you might have heard that Lincoln 210 MP is a MIG welder that fits the description, and it is!
Lincoln PowerMIG 210MP is a powerful multi-process welder that offers versatile features to suit professional welders. Besides, it is suitable for hobbyists and DIY enthusiasts who are eager to learn the skill of MIG welding.
This multi-process welder is suitable for MIG welding and many other processes, including stick, TIG, and flux-cored welding, making it affordable and one of the most versatile welders in its class.
This is a highly versatile and professional welder is suitable for working on maintenance & repair welding, general fabrication, auto body shops, construction projects, and much more.
The unit features a portable and rugged case, a 3.5-inch color TFT LCD display for selecting weld processes and adjusting parameters, a cast aluminum-based wire drive system, and much more features.
Lincoln 210 MP allows the user to adjust various welding parameters, including; inductance, run-in, spot time, arc force, and hot start.
The Lincoln PowerMIG 210MP is built with quality and durability and is one of Lincoln’s most popular MIG welders. No matter your skill level, this welder won’t disappoint you.
Key features of the product
• This welder plugs into 120 or 230 volts, which means you can plug it into any common power supply.
• 3.5-Inch Color TFT LCD Display (320×240 resolution) for easy adjusting of welding processes and parameters.
• Multi-process welder capable of performing MIG (GMAW), flux-cored (FCAW), DC Stick (MMA), and DC TIG (GTAW) welding.
• Easy to set and adjust for different materials, including mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminum MIG welding with a spool gun.
• You can use this welder to weld 24 gauge to 5/16ʺ thick mild steel.
• Welding amperage range 20-220 amperes and the rated duty cycle is 25% at 200 amperes.
• Wire feed speed 50-500 inches per minute.
• The welder features interesting MMA welding options, including Adjustable Hot Start for easy arc establishing and Adjustable Inductance and Arc Force which permits fine-tuning of the welding arc.
• This welder is built with an industrial cast aluminum drive system for reliable feeding of MIG and FCAW wires.
• Overload protection of the wire drive motor (Protection circuitry turns off the wire feed unit if the motor becomes overloaded).
• The welder features efficient inverter power technology and power factor correction, which significantly reduces the welder’s power consumption, the efficient inverter reduces the welder size considerably.
• Optional TIG foot pedal for current adjusting during TIG welding (not included in the supply).
• Advanced cooling system with two built-in fans, protecting the welder from overheating.
• Lincoln 210 MP comes with a compact and durable case protecting the machine from the intended welding environments.
• Lincoln’s 3-year limited warranty.
A single welder, offering four welding processes (MIG/Flux-Cored/DC TIG/ DC Stick), which can be beneficial for dealing with numerous types of metals and joints.
• Dual voltage welder (120/230V), can plug into the domestic and industrial power supply.
• Capable of MIG welding aluminum with a spool gun.
• Rigid cast aluminum drive system for reliable feeding of MIG and FCAW wires.
• Compatible with TIG foot pedal for current adjusting during TIG welding
• Highly portable welder (40 pounds) and comes with aluminum handle for carrying.
• Durable, reliable, and high-performing welder with solid and sturdy built, assuring the machine last for an extended period.
• The machine comes with all necessary accessories and is ready to use.
• 3-year limited warranty.
• Costlier for beginners and hobbyists.
• No AC TIG welding, meaning you cannot TIG weld aluminum with this welder.
• Foot pedal and adapter are not included in the supply.
What should you receive with Power MIG 210 MP Multi-Process Welder Aluminum One-Pak welder?
• 1× Magnum Pro Gun for MIG welding.
• 1× 10 ft. (3.0 m) 120V and 230V Input Cables.
• 1× Work Cable and Clamp.
• 1× Electrode Holder and Lead Assembly.
• 1× Adjustable Gas Regulator and Hose Gas and Gasless Nozzles Gun Cable Liner (pre-installed in the gun).
• 1× Spindle Adapter.
• Sample 1 lb. (0.45 kg) Spool of Mild Steel MIG Wire.
• Sample 0.5 lb. (0.22 kg) Spool Flux-Cored Wire.
• 0.025 in. (0.6 mm) and 0.035 in. (0.9 mm) Contact Tips.
• 0.025 – 0.030 in. (0.6 – 0.8 mm) and 0.035 in. (0.9 mm) Drive Rolls.
• 0.030 – 0.045 in. (0.8 – 1.1 mm) Knurled Drive Rolls.
• 0.025 – 0.035 in. (0.6 – 0.9 mm) and 0.045 in. (1.1 mm) Wire Guides.
• Magnum® PRO 100SG Spool Gun.
Lincoln POWER MIG 210 MP Welder Specification
|Have sales and service in the USA|| |
POWER MIG 210 MP.
|Input voltage (V)|| |
120V / 230V.
|Process type|| |
MIG/Flux-Cored/DC Stick/DC TIG.
|Rated output|| |
25% duty cycle at 200A.
|Amperage range|| |
|Wire Drive Spindle|| |
Supports a 4-inch or 8-inch spool of wire.
|Wire feed speed|| |
50-500 inches per minute.
|The capability of running the wires||For MIG: 0.025ʺ-0.035ʺ (0.6-0.9 mm) mild steel or 0.035ʺ stainless steel. 0.035ʺ (0.9 mm) aluminum.|
For FCAW: 0.035ʺ-0.045ʺ (0.9-1.2 mm) mild steel.
|Weldable metal and thickness||Aluminum, stainless steel, and steel (MIG). Capable of welding mild steel thickness of 24 gauge to 5/16 inch.|
|Size and Weight||14 in x 10.75 in x 19 in and 40 pounds.|
Consider the following before you decide on your purchase
What do you propose to do?
You have to consider how you want to use your MIG welder. Do you want to pursue MIG welding as a home welder or hobbyist, or are you planning to use it in your current profession? A straightforward thought on this will help your decision-making.
Lincoln 210 MP is a perfect professional welder for working on maintenance & repair welding, general fabrication, auto body shops, construction projects, and much more. Besides, it is suitable for hobbyists, DIY enthusiasts, and home applications.
What is your budget?
Either you can go for low-cost MIG machines that cost less than USD 500 or go for a middle-level MIG machine that can cost you around USD 1000. Another option is going for moderately high-end branded MIG machines (more than USD 1500).
Lincoln PowerMIG 210MP is in the high range of prices; however, you get a superior quality high-end welder for the price.
Also, you need to remember that you cannot start MIG welding the moment you receive the machine. You have to spend on the shielding gas, other accessories, and consumables.
However, Lincoln PowerMIG 210MP welder’s advantage is that it is built to do MIG and Flux-cored arc welding (FCAW or gasless MIG as it is popularly known). You can start doing flux core welding with the sample wire received in the box (0.5 lb. Spool Flux-Cored Wire 0.025 in).
Lincoln PowerMIG 210MP works on the input power of 120 or 230 volts. This means you can plug it into any standard power supply (Domestic and industrial power supply), making it appropriate for garages, home workshops, general fabrication projects, and various repair and maintenance work.
Duty cycle means the percentage of 10 minutes that the unit can weld at rated load without overheating.
The Power MIG210 MP is capable of MIG welding up to 200A of current at a 25% duty cycle based on a ten-minute cycle time with the machine connected to 230V input.
The welder can perform higher duty cycles at lower output currents or higher amperages at lower duty cycles.
Wire Feed Mechanism
The wire feed system of this welder is very robust and reliable. The wire feed is all-metal construction and easy to adjust.
The wire feed speed range from 50-500 inches per minute and can infinitely adjust with a control selector.
The welder is built with various protection systems to avoid components damage and protect the machine’s electrical components and mechanisms from overheating or overloading.
The welder is built with an overload protection system of the wire drive motor; the protection circuitry turns off the wire feed unit if the motor becomes overloaded.
Weight and portability
Portability becomes vital if you plan to use it in more than one place (like home and workshop).
Lincoln 210 MP is a lightweight and portable welder weighing 40 pounds only.
The size of the machine is 14 in x 10.75 in x 19 in (356 mm x 273 mm x 483 mm), which makes it suitable for moving it to different job sites or between home, garage, and workshop.
Warranty is another critical factor to consider. Lincoln offers a 3-year limited warranty on this welder.
Frequently asked questions about Lincoln POWER MIG 210 MP Welder
What gun comes with Lincoln 210 MP?
Lincoln 210 MP comes with Magnum PRO 175L gun installed with a liner for .025-.035″ (0.6-0.9 mm) wire and .035″ (0.9mm) contact tip.
The Power MIG 210MP is Magnum Pro 100SG spool gun ready; the spool gun switch and an option within the user interface permit activating the spool gun wire drive. This gun comes with the Aluminum One-Pak.
What metals and how thick a Lincoln 210 MP can weld?
The Lincoln 210 MP welder is typically suitable for MIG/Flux-Cored welding of steel, stainless steel, and aluminum. MMA (SMAW) welding of steel (using 6011/6013/7014/7018/7024), and TIG (GTAW) welding of steel and stainless steel.
Clarity on the thickness of the metals to be welded is essential to select the correct welder. Both minimum and maximum output current are crucial.
Minimum current indicates the minimum thickness you can weld, and maximum current indicates the maximum thickness. The thickness to current relation also depends on the material and joint configuration.
Lincoln 210 MP welding current range is 20 – 220 amperes with rated welding capabilities (at 230V power supply) as follow:
- MIG steel: 24 gauge to 5/16 inch.
- MIG stainless steel: 20 gauge to 5/16 inch
- Flux-core steel: 18 gauge to 5/16 inch.
- MIG aluminum: 18 gauge to 3/16 inch.
- MMA steel: 18 gauge to 3/8 inch.
- TIG steel / stainless steel: 24 gauge to 1/4 inch.
So consider this when you make your selection.
Can Lincoln 210 MP weld aluminum?
With Lincoln 210 MP, you can weld aluminum, but it is limited to the MIG process. However, welding aluminum requires the use of the Magnum Pro 100SG Spool Gun.
Can I use Lincoln 210 MP for outdoor work?
When using the MIG or TIG process, it is not advisable for outdoor works. The turbulence in the surrounding air disturbs the shielding gas, and welding quality will be bad.
However, you can use the welder with flux-cored wire (without shielding gas) or stick welding, which can be used for outdoor works.
What is the current type used in Lincoln 210 MP?
Usually, the current used in MIG welding is DC (direct current), as AC (alternating current) is not generally preferred for MIG welding.
Direct Current Electrode Positive (DCEP) is used for solid steel, stainless steel, aluminum, or flux core with gas wires (GMAW). Direct Current Electrode Negative (DCEN) is used for gasless flux core wires (FCAW).
Lincoln 210 MP produces DC output current, suitable for MIG/FCAW processes. However, it has limited the capability for MMA and TIG welding.
Is Lincoln 210 MP a multi-process welder or only MIG?
Lincoln 210 MP is a multi-process welder, offering four welding processes (MIG/Flux-Cored/DC TIG/ DC Stick), which can be beneficial for dealing with numerous types of metals and joints.
Generally, multi-process welders are strong in one primary welding process with more features, followed by a secondary welding process with comparatively fewer features. However, still, the multi-process welder will not be as reliable as the dedicated machines.
For Lincoln 210 MP, you may expect superior performance during MIG/Flux-Cored welding. However, the welder might not be very powerful for TIG, and stick welding and performance may not be somewhat less than MIG performance.
Lincoln Power MIG 210 Alternative Package
The Lincoln Power MIG 210 MP Multi-Process Welder TIG One-Pak has the exact welder specification but has different package content items, which are more dedicated to TIG welding.
The Magnum Pro 100SG Spool Gun is not included in this package. However, the following items are included instead:
- PTA-17V Ultra-Flex™ TIG Torch 12.5 ft. (3.8 m).
- Twist Mate™ TIG Torch Adapter.
- Foot Amptrol Adapter.
- Foot Amptrol (pedal).
- Parts Kit for PTA-17V TIG Torch.
Our final verdict
Though we looked at several high-end MIG welders that are reliable, branded, and produce quality welds, we found Lincoln PowerMIG 210MP the best choice.
Lincoln has made this multi-process powerful MIG welder that you can purchase and use for various welding projects and general fabrications. It gives you a wide range of features while switching between its multi-welding processes.
We recommend Lincoln PowerMIG 210MP for professional and experienced welders looking to enhance their workshop with a welder capable of doing more than one welding process efficiently and professionally.
We have reviewed this welder and provided sufficient details, tips, and tricks to help you make a wise decision.
Although this welder is on the higher side of the prices range, if you put in some hard work, you may recover your investment within a short time.
Hence, if you are looking for a high-end and heavy-duty MIG welder that features many options, or looking to add one of the best professional multi-process welders on the market into your tools arsenal, then you may need to consider Lincoln 210MP.